Working well with a pervasive coaxial network, the VC-232G provides an excellent bandwidth of up to a total duplex data rate of 300Mbps which can extend a maximum distance up to 1.4km. It is ideal for extending the distance and signal conversion by transmitting the Ethernet data from the coaxial cable to another 100-meter UTP cable for any type of IP network device such as HD IP camera, wireless access point, NVR and digital signage.
- ITU-T G.993.5 G.Vectoring and G.INP
- Upstream/Downstream bandwidth up to 200/100Mbps
- CO/CPE mode selectable via DIP switch
- Selectable target band plan and SNR margin
- Half duplex back pressure and IEEE 802.3x full duplex pause frame flow control
- One BNC connector for VDSL connection
- Uses existing RG59/RG6 coaxial cable
- Used in pairs to extend Point-to-Point connection up to 1.4km
- Supports a packet size of up to 1522 bytes, IEEE 802.1Q VLAN tag transparency
- Advantage of minimum installation time (Simply by Plug-and-Play)
- Supports extensive LED indicators for network diagnosis
- Co-work with PLANET media converter chassis (MC-700/MC-1500/ MC-1500R/MC-1500R48)
- Compact in size and easy to install
Superior Upstream and Downstream Transmission
The VC-232G is based on the two-core networking technology, Gigabit Ethernet and VDSL2 (Very-high-data-rate Digital Subscriber Line 2). The VC-232G offers a stable yet high-speed point-to-point network access up to a duplex data transmission of 300Mbps. It provides 2 selective transmission modes — asymmetric mode or symmetric mode — for the transmission of upstream and downstream signals.
■ Asymmetric mode – downstream up to 200Mbps and upstream up to 100Mbps
■ Symmetric mode – downstream up to 150Mbps and upstream up to 150Mbps
The symmetric mode provides similar transmission rate on both downstream and upstream. On the other hand, the asymmetric mode performs higher transmission quality in short range. In all, when the VC-232G is in symmetric mode, it provides better upstream performance, and when it is in asymmetric mode, it gives better downstream performance.
IP Ethernet over Long Distance Existing Coaxial Cables
The VC-232G is also a Long Reach Ethernet (LRE) solution which provides a quick replacement and smooth migration solution from existing analog system to full digital system. A normal UTP cable can only be extended up to 100 meters, but with the VC-232G, the distance for Ethernet networking can be extended up to 1,400 meters (4,593ft.), which is ideal for the following network applications:
■ Long-distance IP network devices
■ IP digital signage
■ Cable TV to IPTV
■ Distance video education
■ Electronic billboards
■ Other applications
If you have coaxial cable in your existing environment, you can install a pair of the VC-232G very simply without the need to build additional network wires, thus saving costs for network construction.
There are no reviews yet.